Thursday, January 24, 2008

Since our venture to Secaucus, not too much has happened. We did get a nice new yarn in called Cotanani. It is a blend of pima cotton and merino wool and it comes in beautiful colors. I am also trying to get some knitting done. We have a lot of customers who are perfectionists. If they are knitting a striped garment, all the colors have to coordinate just so. If they start a project that they don't like, they stop. Me, on the other hand, once I start a project, I rarely stop. I am lazy and part of the fun of knitting for me is to finish things, so abandoning a project or restarting one is just too upsetting for me. Well, I began knitting a log cabin blanket for a friend's baby (see picture at bottom) and I really did not like the colors. I was close to telling myself it would be fine in the end, but this time I did not take the lazy approach. I chose new colors and re-started and it looks so much better. I also have to get going on knitting 3 scarves for my daughter's Pre-K teachers. I was too busy at holiday time to knit them gifts so they will get Valentine's Day scarves.

1 comment:

bethpage mom said...

Yay, I am so excited to see you started a blog.
It's my goal to get to your physical store one day.

I work in NYC, but live on Long Island (home of some great stores) and I live by your books. Have made SEVERAL of your patterns all with MUCH SUCCESS.

Right now I am loving the Simple Knits, and I am thrilled to see you have an older kids book and a BLOG!

I am an avid blogger and knitter (mommyblog.typepad.com)

Welcome to blogging!
If you have any questions, I am a techie too, so feel free, just leave me a comment on my blog