Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm 40.

Today I am 40. I feel as though I should be having a breakdown of some sort - but really it feels like any other day. Zoe still woke me up at 5:45am and demanded that we turn her light on as bright as we could so that she could play school with her dolls. When I asked if she had anything she wanted to tell me she said "I SAID TURN THE LIGHT ON!" - so much for a spontaneous happy birthday from a 2-year old. Max did come running into the room screaming "Happy Birthday" at 6:30am - and he sent me a birthday email from his new email account. But then I made breakfast as usual, force fed them as usual, screamed at Max to get on the potty and then screamed at him again to stop kicking the soccer ball and get dressed!!!! Then we trudged to school in the rainy snow and then I went to Pilates even though I didn't really feel like it--but I hear it is harder to keep my girlish figure upon turning 40, so I went. Now here I am at work - blogging. I should be blogging about yarn, but yarn is so much less interesting at this moment than moaning about my age. This evening's festivities will include going to Max's school to see him in his "create-a-play" performance - a performance starring kindergarteners and 1st graders in his class and also written by them - songs and all. I think Max is a pirate since he made me pack his pirate costume in his backpack. I thought he said the play was about a Zoo...maybe a pirate comes to visit the zoo??? I brought my video camera though so that I can record the moment. After that we are going out to dinner and Jeff is throwing me a small party on Saturday. He is also getting me an Apple laptop and my mom is getting me an i-phone - all so I can feel like I am only 25! Onto the world of knitting. I just started knitting Jeff a present for his birthday. I am making an absolutely beautiful cabled sweater for him in Filatura di Crosa, Aran Cashmere. The pattern is from Jane Ellison's men's book. I really love it. I am about 10 inches up the back - 142 stitches - should we take bets on whether I will still love it when I am on my last sleeve? My goal is to give it to him for his 44th birthday in July - but it could be a 45th birthday present too. My attention span is not what it once used to be - nor is the time I can devote to knitting on a daily basis. Funny thing is that I have been knitting it at night on the couch - right next to him and he has't once inquired what I am making. Maybe I'll knit the whole thing in front of him and it will still be a surprise. My other knitting project that I will begin shortly is going to be a dress for Zoe - I cut a dress out of a magazine that I am going to copy as a knit - it is an Yves Saint Laurent - Piet Mondrian...very geometric - I love it - I think it will work out nicely. Until next time....

1 comment:

Janice said...

Happy Birthday, Jordana! Hope you had a great day. I'm glad to see you haven't given up on the blogging, too!