Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New President, New Yarn!

I just want to say that yesterday was an amazing day. I did not get to see Obama's speech or his oath in real time - I was on a class trip to the Queen's Science Museum - but I had chills at noon when 25 first graders began clapping and cheering upon the announcement that Barak Obama had just been sworn in as our 44th President. Truly a wonderful moment in history -- I hope that Max remembers it! So, in honor of our new President and to help the economy along -- let me tell you about some of the yummy new yarns we have just gotten in so you can call us and order lots! Fifteen new Koigu multi colors are here. Our Koigu Wrap is lots of fun to make and with our new selection of colors - picking 7 different ones is no problem at all! It's definitely a favorite here at the Yarn Co.! I also just finished the sweater I've been working on out of Koigu Solid. I like to call it "The Dot" . Another great new yarn that we've just gotten is Crystal Palace Merino 5. It is a beautiful new 100% merino yarn in a wonderful array of multi colors. I can't decide what to make with it. Maybe a quick sweater for Zoe - because she doesn't have enough. But it's great for adult sweaters, hats, scarves and baby blankets! We are still waiting for Flame and Merino HP and in February we are going to start getting spring yarns --I'd be excited about that if my fingers were not frozen as I am sitting here typing. I can't imagine wearing a tee shirt or a tank top any time in the near future.

No comments: