Thursday, April 1, 2010

Knitting in the news

I just finished knitting Zoe's skirt out of the beautiful Ella Rae, Lace Merino. It is sooo cute. And I love the lace detail at the bottom. It was very easy -- only a two row repeat. Zoe is supposed to come in for a modelling session tomorrow, so hopefully I will get some nice shots of her in it. Now I am knitting an adorable dress as a store sample out of the Katia, Tobago. I started out making a garter stitch sweater but wasn't loving it, so I said "hey, I think I'll turn it into a dress" - and voila. I am very happy with it and I think I may need to make one in a bigger size for Zoe--although she really really does not need another piece of clothing. I really need some more time to knit - I also want to make myself something out of the Arucania, Chaiten. The colors are amazing (I love earthy colors) and I think it is my new favorite summer yarn. It is 100% silk and so light. I am wearing the one we made as our store sample all the time. I think I might make our Seduce tank top out of it...we'll see. On another note - there has been some fun/funny stuff in the news lately (Wall Street Journal and CBS News --not bad). Take a look: Check out the CBS News piece! And hey - Truckers are knitting!

No comments: